Thursday 4 January 2024

BOGUK Challenge 2023

Personal Challenge

I’ve undertaken a few personal challenges this year and some are ongoing. My aim was to improve my pacing, for various reasons it has turned out. I’m still working on that, but I’m getting better at setting suitable boundaries. I’m not going into details on a page like this, but I have conquered a good number of challenges, and if you know me, you know that this has been done.

Personal Achievement

I’ve completed a couple of  BOGUK badges this year, Gets Needled and Web Designer.

Develop in Guiding

I feel that I did a few things for this, but as I attended it in the end, I’m actually going to count attending the Developing You training at Foxlease in November. 

Optional Clauses

Session with the WAGGGS Thinking Day 2023 materiel

I ran a session for my Guides using this.

Complete the Trefoil 80th Challenge

I undertook this via a mix of things with my Guides, the Guild I’m in, and a few bits on my own. 

Visit a TAC or World Centre

In the end I visited Waddow, and spent more time at Foxlease than I had intended. But then, it turns out I’m going to have fewer chances in 2024 than I had originally planned. I did visit Pax Lodge as well.

Visit a museum/gallery/exhibition

I made a specific effort to visit both the real life and virtual art galleries related to Eastercon this year. These had a mixture of items for sale and just for show, made by professionals and amateurs. There was sculpture, jewellery, textiles, art in various media… it was interesting to see a different kind of exhibition to the ones I usually visit.

Make Something useful out of items that would otherwise be thrown away

I intend to make some more, but I made a coaster using a quilt-as-you-go technique and some fabric that might not get thrown away by folks trying to be green, but was barely large enough for most people to want to keep.