Monday 25 May 2020

Getting Adventerous

This badge took years to complete, not because it is hard, but because I'm not that adventerous!

The first clause involves taking part in 3 short sessions, for that I counted some Archery (from back in 2009) as one of my first contributions to the badge, and a 1/2 Marathon Walk I did last September in London (so it took me over 10 years to complete it!). The thrid thing I tried was fencing, thanks to a club at work, and that was new to me.

I then chose to continue with the fencing, over the required 3 further sessions.

I also opted to use a fencing qualification (Bronze Fencing Award) as my third item. Whilst I was a part of the club anyway, it still required me to make a commitment to attend the course and perform well enough to gain the award, which was a real challenge for me.